Mar 30, 2009

I'm a sucker for skulls, okay?

Show me something in black with a skull on it and I may be compelled to acquire it. This is especially true of artilleri shirts. My husband has the classic shirt w/ skull patch from artilleri's men's department, and as soon as I saw the new Vicky women's shirts were available in black with optional skull patch, I was all over that. I also snagged one of the new simplicity pencil skirts, also in black, because black is my go-to color in SL and I can mix it up with just about anything else. (There are much lighter, cheerier colors available, but I just wasn't sure how bright I'm prepared to go—it doesn't quite feel like spring in my little corner of RL just yet.)



The Vicky top comes in three layers (undershirt, shirt, jacket) with the optional patches in additional jacket layers—which means you can wear the patches over other shirts, too! Ten patches are included: 8-ball, 13, anchor, cherry, dice, flames, kitty, nautical star, skull, swallows. Most of the designs are over the left breast, like the skull, but the swallows and flames are on both sides, as shown above.

The close-up below is primarily to better show off the gorgeous jewelry from Violet Voltaire I'm sporting. The earrings are part of the Dia De Los Muertos collection and the Kawaii Cameo is from one of the collections that premiered at the Armoire Jewelry Showcase. I love how real the little beads and findings and everything in her jewelry looks, and it's so much like jewelry I'd love to own in RL. Yum, yum, yum.



This hair is one of two currently available free at Truth as a color demo for the current crop of hair textures. The headband is scripted for texture-change, and includes several color variations.


(a) left:
Skin: Infinity (Ava - pure honey - Look #5)
Hair: Truth (Deanne - walnut)
Eyes: Miriel (Standard Eyes - Aquamarine)
Lashes: Sin Skins (Portia Lashes)
Upper arm tattoos: Nack Barnes (custom work)
Lower arm tattoos: Schadenfreude (Sparrow Forearm Tattoos - from Blue Sparrow Corset set)
Shirt: artilleri (Vicky top *black* w/ patch *flames*)
Jewelry: Eolande's (Jade Longevity Women's Jewelry - copper)

(a) right & (b):
Skin: Infinity (Ava - pure honey - Look #4)
Hair: Truth (Deanne - walnut)
Eyes: Miriel (Standard Eyes - Aquamarine)
Lashes: Sin Skins (Portia Lashes)
Upper arm tattoos: Nack Barnes (custom work)
Lower arm tattoos: Schadenfreude (Sparrow Forearm Tattoos - from Blue Sparrow Corset set)
Shirt: artilleri (Vicky top *black* w/ patch *skull*)
Skirt: artilleri (simplicity pencil skirt *black*)
Stockings & garters: Insolence (Dolores - Red)
Shoes: Maitreya (Group Gift Pumps - Black) *subscription group join gift*
Earrings: Violet Voltaire (Dia De Los Muertos Earrings)
Necklace: Violet Voltaire (Kawaii Cameo Necklace - Skull)

Poses:
(a) left: Long Awkward Pose ([LAP] - F-Blogger5-Systemskirt)
(a) right: Long Awkward Pose ([LAP] - F-Blogger6-Systemskirt-Mirror)
(b) Reel Expression (*Luth* Sex Sells V2 11)

No comments: